Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pensacola racing


The local racing scene is one of the main things I'm looking forward to as we move to Pensacola.

When I was very young, my parents and I lived in Ft. Walton Beach, and my father used to take me to races at Five Flags Speedway. Now, I'll be able to take my kids there to see great stock car racing.

During my stay in Pensacola this past summer, I noticed that Five Flags Speedway has a weekly show on a local cable channel. You can bet I'll be tuning in every week.

Look for me at the track, especially at next year's Snowball Derby. I see Kyle Busch won it this year.

We're also going to catch some drag racing over at the Emerald Coast's Supercooler Dragway in Holt, Florida.

When the kids get a little older, maybe they can take up kart racing, over at the Pensacola Raceway (just don't tell my wife).

No comments:

Post a Comment